Post # 203
3 August 2019
What I Want…
by Lynda McKinney Lambert
Photo: “Lynda – A Portrait in the Garden,” by Bob Lambert
How do you know what to send
to the editor who wants to SHOWCASE
your LATEST BOOK in his magazine?
This week an EDITOR gave me the information he wants so he can publish a SHOWCASE for my latest book. He will focus on my new book
Star Signs: New and Selected Poems, KDP, 2019.
My book was just published on July 15, 2019.
Remember, this is your SHOWCASE, so have FUN putting it together.
You want readers to buy your book and become READERS of your books.
- Put together a SHORT INTRO to your book for your READERS.
- Why did you write this book? Be clear in this response.
- Why should the READER buy your BOOK? You must learn to ROMANCE your MERCHANDISE – your book IS MERCHANDISE that was made to be SOLD.
- Create a SHORT WRITE-UP about YOU, the Author. You are SELLING YOURSLELF, first of all.
- Give 3 SHORT REVIEWS your book has garnered – Give the LINKS to the reviews.
- Give 3 SHORT EXAMPLES from your TEXT. (3 Short poems or 3 short excerpts from an essay or text of the book.)
- Put your INFORMATION under each SAMPLE.
- Give the NUMBER of PAGES (or POEMS) in your book.
- Where can READERS BUY THE BOOK?
- Can they get a SIGNED COPY, and how much will it cost?
This essay is brought to you by author, Lynda McKinney Lambert.
Lynda’s Author ‘s Page
This blog post is the property of Lynda McKinney Lambert.
Copyright August 3, 2018. Lynda McKinney Lambert. All rights reserved.
Let me know how this WORKS for YOU.
Leave me a comment, please.
I love to hear from my FRIENDS and READERS.